In January, the Town Council held its biennial goal-setting session. These goal-setting sessions generally take place every other year as part of setting Town-wide direction for the two-year budget. We are currently in the budget preparation process, and a Council budget workshop will take place in May for review of the draft budget. The new two-year budget cycle begins on July 1, 2017.
Council confirmed the following goals for Fiscal Years 2017-18 and 2018-19 (not in rank order):
1. Urban Growth Boundary ballot measure for November 7, 2017
2. General Plan Implementation for the first two years of the 22-year plan
3. Pursue a hotel on the Town Green (part of General Plan Implementation)
4. Civic Center relocation and redevelopment plans (part of General Plan Implementation)
5. Proposition 64 – Recreational Marijuana mandates
6. Lytton Tribe Development
7. Prepare for SMART service to Windsor
8. Parks and Recreation Master Plan Implementation
9. Adopt policy and practice framework to enable and support Affordable Housing developments in Town
Please contact me should you have any questions.